The Boeing Company will sponsor the Boeing Flight Competition at #NSBE44 in Pittsburgh, Pa. The competition judging will be Friday, March 23, and Saturday, March 24, 2018. All participating teams must do the following:
- Register online using the form on this page by March 14, 2018. You will receive registration confirmation, and the time and location of your presentation via email.
- Additionally, to be eligible for the Overall Award you must:
- Participate in the Team Presentation on Friday, March 23, 2018
- Participate in the Distance Competition on Saturday, March 24, 2018 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Check in by 11:30 am. Pre-flight activities begin promptly at 12:00pm.
Please Note: No walk-up teams will be allowed to participate. You must be registered by the deadline in order to compete.
Prizes and Awards
Overall Award: $1,400
Awarded to the team that participates in both aspects of the competition: Team Presentation & Design and Flight Competition. If you do not participate in both aspects of evaluation, you will not be considered for the Overall Award. No exceptions will be considered.
Presentation & Design Awards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd: $800, $600, and $400
Awarded to the team that gives the best 10-minute oral/multimedia presentation illustrating the team's efforts and considerations while designing, building, and testing its glider. The multi-media presentation should include information about the team’s activities as they address the various aspects of design and considerations for both, building and constructing. The presentation should also include the data and results from any testing. Presentations will be judged for:
- Good team verbal skills and
- Creativity using charts, pictures, photos, videos, web page, etc.
The winners will be determined by a panel of judges.
Distance Awards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd: $800, $600, and $400
Awarded to the 3 teams with the farthest flying gliders as measured from the launch pad to landing.
What you need to do when you arrive at Annual Convention
Participate in the Team Presentation Friday, March 23. (You must bring your glider & repair materials with you.)
Participate in the Distance Competition on Saturday, March 24, at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Check in by 11:30 am. Pre-flight activities begin promptly at noon.
Questions? Email Darlene Fox at email@example.com